Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 5: Bloody Tornados

REEEROOOREEEROOOREEEROOO! The siren sounds and the lights in my brain begin to fade in and out. My thoughts in a heated frenzy. I don't remember my last thought, perhaps it was my silent reflection in the garbage, or maybe it was later. I can't remember. The man in the ambulance tries to reenact the scene but I can't hear what he is saying or make out his mouthed words. He calls for my attention but I drift off and back into an altered state of consciousness.

Here I am, tying my black laced shoes, and combing back my greasy, think hair. I check myself out in the bathroom's mirror, and make my way down the stairs back to class. "You're late, Bill, and you have a responsibility to follow my instructions of timeliness. " The lady explains. "...maybe it's because you are different. Does your condition excuse you from the rest of us, Bill?" One second I'm facing an old woman with crooked teeth and ratty hair, and then my mind fades back into reality and I see the man in the ambulance. "HEY SON! CAN YOU HEAR ME, BOY? YOU HIT YOUR HEAD PRETTY...." But I lose my surroundings again and fade off to another place.

I awake on a beach. There are flocks of seagulls and cool breezes flowing uneasily through the air. A storm appears to be approaching and I can see the dark clouds making their way towards my vicinity. I look from side to side but see nobody but myself. Nobody but me. Everybody else has come and gone, left knowingly, escaping the troubles they can so obviously see tumbling their way. The storm grows violent and fierce, and the sand around me starts to lift up and spin. A cyclone of ferocious sand particles flying, scratching the sides of my face.  I bleed a little. And then I bleed a little more. What starts out as a cut and a drip of blood on my neck, grows into a uncontrollable gory mess. The sand tornado rips me to shreds, slowly, and I cannot move. I can only take the pain that is force upon me. I scream and yell but the pain won't subside! I look down at my arms and see parts of where my bone sticks out through broken skin. A dark bloody red tornado consumes me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment