Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 6: BURN, BABY, BURN.

My eyes snap open and I awaken to the sounds of my own screams. A masked man in a doctor's outfit is looking down at me. "You're a lucky dog, my friend." Still queasy, I try to spit out the words but nothing more than a unheard whisper comes out. I am laying down and my legs are propped up and I have a patient gown on. My body feels hot and irritated, like a severe untreated sunburn. I squirm from side to side in a marvelous attempt to get up but it's of no use.

A few hours drift on and the delicate sounds of the doctor's operating utensils clinking and clanking serenade my thoughts into another direction...

The doctor disappeared and suddenly I felt anxious. I had to leave. The feeling of vulnerability and delicacy. I pulled out of the I.V and started to and walked out. Nobody noticed. I tip toe to the exit hallway of the building and am confronted by a security guard who restrains me. "LET ME GO!" PLEASE JUST..." a black haze consumes the interior of the hallway and soon everything goes black.

I wake up. Right where I fell asleep. Trapped inside with the soaked garbage, hiding away from the angry horse-flies. All a dream. An seemingly endless dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment